Dressing is a very important part of one’s personality. It is really very important to dress well. It tells about your confidence, the ability to carry your dress and lots more. Carrying a dress sometimes becomes very difficult. Here is a guide how you can choose your dress according to your body type!!
Body shape is all about proportion, fashion and dressing in those proportions to look best. When we think of body types, we mainly think about height and weight. But, in reality it’s about shape. A slander girl can have the same body shape than a curvy girl. Understanding and wearing according to your body type will enhance your body and features.
Each of us is different. Even twins are not similar in their body shape! Our body shapes are generally divided into five different types- pear, wedge, rectangle, apple and hourglass. Your body might be a blend of two or three body type or can simply one body type!
Pear Body Shape
This body type people have lower body wider than the upper body. Their hips are wider than the shoulders with bottom rounded. Their waist is defined and they have the best formed shoulders and torso.
Pear body people should look for dresses which enhance and add volume to your upper body while emphasizing your waist and de-emphasizing your lower body to create a balanced and hourglass appearance.
- Billowy tops will add volume to the bust with a snug fitting waist. Add flutter sleeves for a more dramatic effect.
- Wrap shirts which will emphasize waist and a wide neckline.
- Jackets with full shoulders and fettle hip length. It will draw attention to your burst.
- Off shoulder shirt with wide neckline and a fitted waist top will draw attention to your shoulders and emphasize the waist.
- A- Line skirts will de- emphasizes your bottom.
- Dark leggings and jeggings with no pockets and straight fall.
- Dark, boot-cut jeans with straight fall and small pockets.
Rectangle Shape Body
This body type has no defined waist due to which hips tend to have a similar width as shoulders. The upper body is small and lower body looks flat. This body type tends to have fewer curves in their body.
- Use bold colour to help define your body
- Choose a coat with a good waist or that is belted at the waist
- Medium to high necklines usually work well.
- Accessorize with belts around the waist. Heavy belts can be really good if you’re also long waisted
- 3/4 sleeves usually work really well for a rectangle
- A-line skirts or tight pants work really well for this shape as they will highlight some curves in your body.
- Slightly flared trousers will look great on you as it will add more shape to your body. Low to mid waited pants are usually best.
- A knee length pencil skirt that tapers in at the side will also add some curves and look good
Apple Shape Body
This body type has a lot of weight on the stomach due to which they done have any defined waist. They have a large upper body than the lower body.
- Get Tops with a V-neck to break up the size of your chest and create a vertical line.
- Look for tops with a thicker texture that don’t cling so much. Woven tops can be great.
- Go for patterns
- Tops should cover the whole belly area and end just below the hip bone.
- Dresses should have their waistline just below the bust or at your thinnest point.
- Asymmetry in your tops helps to create vertical and slimming lines.
- Get trousers that have zippers at the side to avoid adding extra bumps on the front.
- Trousers should be flared or straight. Avoid pleats.
- It’s best to get trousers with some stretch for extra comfort and a good fit.
- Structured pencil skirts work well, but keep them at knee length.
Hourglass body type
This body type is the “Curvy” body type. This body type has a lot of curves due to which it’s really important to choose what right to wear.
- Tops with that add volume to the bust and shoulders with a snug fitting empire waist.
- Flowing tops that are banded at the waist, showing off your amazing curves, create a dramatic effect.
- Wear fitted dress shirts with darted waists. Stay away from boxy styles.
- Choose either form-fitting jackets or jackets that nip in at the waist with a flare at the hip.
- Wear skinny jeans with banded, belted or not-to-tight body skimming tops.
- Figure skimming and pencil skirts of all lengths look good on your figure.
- Full skirts are flattering when paired with a top that adds fullness to your bust and shoulders while accentuating your waist.
Cover Picture credit- gistmania.com
Picture Credits- Pintinterest.com